As It Used To Look

Views of Old Windsor between 50 and 100 years ago

The following pictures came from a collection of postcards belonging to the late Miss.P.Reddick, who was one of the village's oldest residents. She lived in a house in St. Luke's Road which her father built for his bride in 1891. Her grandfather used to keep the Jolly Gardeners public house, and her father - who as a boy worked in the Royal Gardens and remembered Queen Victoria walking through with John Brown - took over the license in 1903.

Just click on any image for detail text and image.

Fox & Castle

Fox & Punchbowl

Butterfly Castle

St. Lukes Road

St. Lukes Road

Cooke's Boathouse Ferry

Bells of Ouseley Ferry

Old Windsor School
(St. Peter')

The Tapestries

The Grange

Reynaud Stage Coach

St. Luke's Church

Crimp Hill

The Thames
(Old Windsor)